Thursday, December 8, 2011

Return to Diosd!

I have no idea how to write about Thanksgiving without rambling on about how wonderful it was.  Since I couldn't go home, I went to my "non-USA home"! That's right, I went to Diosd, Hungary.

My dear friend Bea!

I got in really late Wednesday night. Andras, the pastor and planter of Paulus, was kind enough to pick me up from the airport. Esther came too, which was wonderful! We did the whole squeal-hug-jump-up-and-down thing when we saw each other. (Sidenote: I have never been as cold as I was waiting for the Kazars. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long - I was actually in the wrong place, but Esther found me - but still, it was FREEZING!) Anyway, it was very nice of them to come pick me up. When we got to their house, Sarah was up, and Hannah had even waited up for me! We talked for a while, ate some of Esther's Blotkake (school project), and then we all headed up to our respective beds.

Sweet Dori
On Thursday, Sarah and I ran to the grocery store and got most of our supplies. They didn't have sweet potatoes, and Sarah said she hadn't been able to find them anywhere. We decided to check one more place. We said a prayer in the car, got to the store, didn't see them, and decided to ask just to be sure. The lady smiled, started walking, and showed us a smile pile of sweet potatoes from Israel! These miracle sweet potatoes were sent to us from God! We returned home and started cooking for the Thanksgiving celebration that would occur on Friday (They invite Hungarians, and since they have to work on Thursday and Friday, a Friday night gathering makes more sense).
Love this girl!

That evening, I went to the Kiss' house! It was so good to be with my Hungarian family. Beni and Lilla have both grown, they have a beautiful new bathroom, and we ate soup and palacsinta (my favorite)! It was so fun to spend time with them again.
With Ildi, my "anya" and friend
On Friday, we got the house ready and finished cooking. Esther and I decided to wear matching outfits, which was fun. People started arriving around 5, and it was so fun to see so many of my dear friends like the Ancsan family, Dori and Fanni, Alexa, Regi, Eni, the Bodis, and so many others. We ate and ate and ate - best stuffing of my life! It was so good. And we all just sat around and talked. It was so nice!
Adult Table

Youth Group Table

On Satuday, I went and helped some of the women decorate at ICSB for the women's craft event taking place the next day. The room looked BEAUTIFUL, and it was so fun to hang Christmas decorations. I went to dinner at Sanyesz and Esy's apartment that night. Zoe and Joachim were as adorable as ever, and it was fun to talk and catch up. When I got back to the Kazars' house, Alexa and Regi were spending the night because it was her birthday! We got to laugh and sing and be silly.


We are so silly, but we have so much fun!
We all got up on Sunday and headed to church. That afternoon, I went to the women's event for a while. There was a good turn-out, and I saw a women and her daughter who had been in my group for English camp this summer! I couldn't stay for the whole time, so I said goodbye and headed to the Paulus house to help set up for the youth group Thanksgiving that night. Helping with that was just like being there this summer. I wanted to stay so badly! But I had to leave to catch my flight.
Women's Craft Event

I loved being in Hungary for Thanksgiving. It was so good to see my dear friends and catch up with people. I love Diosd, and I was so thankful that I could spend time there. Catching up on life and the ministry was such goodness for my soul.

1 comment: